#5 Reinforcing Bar
Harris Supply Solutions is the leading supplier of #5 reinforcing bar. The primary applications of #5 rebar include pre-cast masonry for use in highway and bridge construction, as well as foundation-grade beams, footings, and tilt-up walls. #5 reinforcement steel also has widespread uses in the light commercial and residential construction industries, including patio decks, retaining walls and caissons. In metric circles, this 5/8 inch rebar grade is known as “16MM.”
Common Applications Using #5 Reinforcing Bars
Below are common applications that typically use #5 rebars:
- Pre-cast Masonry – for use in highway and bridge construction
- Foundation-grade beams, footings, and tilt-up walls
- Light commercials and residential construction industries
- Including patio decks, retaining walls and caissons
- Energy segment-wind power, solar power bases, light pole bases
- Precast-Culverts, Inlets, Junction boxes, rebar dowels
Rebar is made from an extremely strong carbon-steel composite. It is available in numerous grades, which are standardized according to the ASTM specification system. If you have any questions about the suitability of particular rebar for your intended application, be sure to ask for professional assistance.
What are the Physical Characteristics of #5 Rebar?
- Weight per unit length: 1.043 pounds per foot (1.556 kilograms per meter)
- Nominal diameter: 0.625 inches (15.875 millimeters)
- Nominal area: 0.31 square inches (200 square millimeters)
|Imperial Bar Size||"Soft" Metric Size||Weight per unit length||Mass per unit length||Nominal Diameter||Nominal Diameter||Nominal Area||Nominal Area|
|#5||#16||1.043 lb/ft||1.556 kg/m||0.625 in. = 5/8 in.||15.875 mm||0.31 in2||200 mm2|
At Harris Supply Solutions, we have grown to become the largest provider of #5 rebar and steel remesh in the United States by consistently striving to improve our product offerings. We take pride in providing our valued customers with products that exceed their quality expectations, and our friendly, courteous sales team will be happy to provide you with a quote. Through regional sales and supply centers, we proudly serve customers across the country.
For more information about Harris Supply Solutions’ #5 rebar, or any of our additional product offerings, contact our team today.
- Nucor Material Safety Data Sheets
- LEED Rating Systems
- ASTM Standards
Harris Supply Solutions is a wholesale distributor for customers looking for a long-term partnership. Price quotes are only available to current account holders.
To request a consultation, contact us today.